- Publication of the Submission Plan, 16 December 2015
- Public Consultation 16 December 2015 – 3 February 2016
- Independent Examination, March – April 2016
- District Council Environment Committee, June 2016
- Notice of Referendum, 14 July 2016
- Referendum Day, 18 August 2016
- District Council adopts the neighbourhood development plan, October 2016
If more than 50% of people who vote say ‘yes’ to the plan, then it will be adopted by the District Council and come into force. We are proposing that all residents on the electoral register within Stroud Town Council boundaries will have a vote.
The Neighbourhood Plan would be adopted and sit alongside Stroud District Council’s Local Plan. It would be taken into account when planning applications are made and in the preparation of strategies, policies and proposals related to the town centre.