Stroud District Council has appointed Mr John Parmiter FRICS FRSA MRTPI as independent examiner of the plan. On reviewing the content of the proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan and representations received as part of the publication process, Mr Parmiter decided to hold a public hearing.
The public hearing, was held on 18th March 2016 at the Stroud Subscription Rooms.
The examination concluded on 11th April 2016.
The examiner recommended that the plan, once modified, should proceed to a Referendum.
Regulation 16 – Public Consultation
Under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (As Amended), Stroud District Council is required to publicise details of the Stroud Town Centre Neighbourhood Development Plan 2015-2013 – Shaping the Heart of Stroud – and invite comment ahead of the submission of the neighbourhood plan to independent examination.
The plan and accompanying information is available below under the section entitled – Regulation 15 – Submission of Neighbourhood Plan to Local Planning Authority
Hard copies are available for inspection at the council offices, Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB (Monday to Thursday 09:00 -17:00, and Friday 9:00 – 16:30).
Hard copies are also available at:
- Stroud Town Council – Thanet House, 58 London Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 2AD (Monday to Thursday 10:00 – 13:30 and Friday 9:30 – 12:30)
- Stroud Library – Lansdown, Stroud, GL5 1BB ( Monday & Friday 9:30 – 18:30; Tuesday & Wednesday 9:30 – 17:00; Thursday 9:30 – 14:00; and Saturday 9:30 – 16:00)
The period for making representations runs from 16th December 2015 to 3rd February 2016. THE CONSULTATION IS NOW CLOSED
If you would like to make a representation, please send your comments to email@example.com or in writing to: Ricardo Rios, Neighbourhood Planning Officer at the Stroud District Council address above.
Any representations may include a request to be notified regarding Stroud District Council’s decision under regulation 19 to “make” the submitted Neighbourhood Plan part of the development plan for the Stroud district.
Please be aware that all comments that we receive will be publicly available and will be included on our website.
Regulation 15 – Submission of Neighbourhood Plan to Local Planning Authority
On 09th December 2015 Stroud Town Council submitted their draft neighbourhood plan – Shaping the Heart of Stroud – and related documents to Stroud District Council under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (As Amended). These can be found below
- Stroud Town Centre Neighbourhood Development Plan 2015-2035 – Shaping the Heart of Stroud – submission draft (pdf)
- Basic conditions statement (pdf)
- Map 1 Basic Conditions Report (pdf)
- Appendix A (pdf)
- Appendix B (pdf)
- Appendix C(pdf)
- Appendix D (pdf)
- Appendix E (pdf)
- Consultation Statement(pdf)
- Annex 1 (pdf)
- Annex 2 (pdf)
- Annex 3 (pdf)
- Annex 4 (pdf)
- Stroud Sustainability Report (pdf)
- Sustainability Report Annexes (pdf)
- SDC Screening Opinion on SEA-HRA